[Fredslist] Help Find a Cure/Prevention for Breast Cancer

phiso at aol.com phiso at aol.com
Thu Oct 2 16:55:48 EDT 2008

Hi Gothamite,
My wife, Faustina, has survived a particularly aggressive?breast cancer diagnosed 10 years ago. That's the good news. The bad news is that she had?a double mastectomy, radiation, high dose Chemo Therapy with stem cell rescue. In the years that followed she has had 5 years of Tomoxifin and several other drugs that have had a severe effect on her bone density and other organs. But, as?I said. the good news is she is still with us.

Up until now the focus on research dollars has been on finding new drugs to kill the cancer after it has struck and to prevent recurrence. Dr. Susan Love, preeminent in the field, believes that a vaccine? can be found to prevent and/or cure the disease. All it takes is to engage in significant clinical research and trials on healthy women, women in remission and women at risk. Researchers need to find and connect the dots but,?up to now no one has been able to assemble a sample group large enough to study. Dr. Love proposes to enlist millions of women in AN ARMY OF WOMEN to participate in this activity.

PLEASE, PLEASE GO TO WWW.ARMYOFWOMEN.COM?and find out how you can help. Dr. Love and her colleagues have devised ingenious ways for women to participate. To save women's lives and to avoid having women suffer what my wife had to endure to live to see her son graduate from college, go on for a PhD and walk down the aisle - consider helping ... at least check out the web site. (Her next goal is to be Grandma, but not until he has his PhD in Hand!)

I know and trust Gotham women will rise to the occasion. Thanks,
Phil Sorace