[Fredslist] re: Gotham Solo Meeting Yesterday

Ellin Yassky medici18 at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 18 13:46:50 EST 2008

Yesterday was my first time riding the circuit (I'm embarrassed to admit it!).  But I wouldn't have missed the opportunity to see the dynamic group that Gil Effron and Jill Goldstein have amassed. We were treated to a lovely speaker who shared her story on publishing a book in a short amount of time, and it was very informative. Publishing a book is no easy task, but there are many new, publish-on-demand companies that will be happy to assist in holding your hand through the task, including getting it printed and onto Amazon. What you do from there is very often up to you and how clever you are (or whether or not you take advantage of the huge pool of talent within Gotham!).

Perhaps we should think about a small seminar on book publishing, culling from the talent and experiences within Gotham?

So thank you Gil and  Jill. I totally enjoyed the afternoon (but missed Bob Formica's presence. Bob, please hurry and get better!!!).

Ellin

Remember . .  .blog responsibly. Pass your words under the eyes of a watchful editor. Your customers will appreciate your attention to detail.

Ellin Yassky, Ph.D.
Medici Editorial Services, LLC
39 Woodbine Lane
Fairfield, Connecticut 06825