[Fredslist] Maria's seminar yesterday

Richard Klein rdk at millerconsulting.net
Fri May 30 08:53:43 EDT 2008

I second Elizabeth's praise, and would add that there aren't enough
words to describe how beneficial this seminar was or how talented Maria
Guida is.

She worked with each of us throughout the 90 minute exercise, and we
were able to experience immediate and noticeable improvement from
members of the audience quite literally right before our eyes (and
ears).

Using a section of the script from "Other People's Money", we explored
how to uncover the subtext of a presentation, and how to use that
subtext to our advantage the same way actors do when preparing for a
role on stage or in film.  In doing so, she helped us discover how to
use these techniques in the presentations we give in our business roles
when selling our ideas, products, or services.

Later in the day, at the Open House lunch, I had someone approach me
afterwards and say "That was the best 'elevator pitch' you've ever
given."  I have Maria to thank for it!

No wonder this was a standing room only seminar!

I urge you:  If you haven't heard Maria speak, do so.  She is the
featured speaker at Jill Goldstein's SOLO group on Monday (contact Jill
directly to inquire about attending).

Best Regards,

Rich Klein
The Miller Consulting Group, Inc.