[Fredslist] Special Wine "Trade" Tasting Tuesday May 20th.

pnapolitano at vzw.blackberry.net pnapolitano at vzw.blackberry.net
Wed May 7 16:39:47 EDT 2008

Hello Gotham,

The special wine "trade" tasting is Tuesday May 20th at 6:30 pm at Mac's Steak House in Huntington.

We need 40 people for it to be viable and currently we have about 20. The bottom line for this event is that you will get to taste about 20 different affordable, obtainable, current release wines (mostly from the phenomenal 2005 vintage) in an informal type tasting that is typically meant for those in the wine trade. Please invite any family or friends that would like to come. You will be able to purchase the wines after the event directly from the importer at a drastically reduced cost.

For those of you that missed the email last time, here it is again.

I have been working getting us some Gotham discounts at different wine stores. The owner of Citiwines (and a renowned importer), Mitchel Nathanson, has offered to give a “trade” type tasting to Gotham members at a very low cost. At this informal tasting, we will be able to try about 15 of the stratospherically highly regarded 2005 vintage Bordeauxs (along with some sparkling wines and Burgundys that Mitchell imports). The date will be Tuesday May 20th at about 6:30 pm at Mac's Steak House in Huntington.

This will not be a long sit down dinner and only cheese and bread will be served. You will be tasting many wines that have sneaked under the radar screen of Robert Parker and Wine Spectator. These will generally be early maturing wines that can be purchased in the $30 to $75 range.

We will need about 40 people for it to be worth it for Mitchell Nathanson to do this. He will do it at his cost for Gotham members, likely about $40 to $50. You will also be able to order these wines directly from Mitchell at a very reduced cost. Do not miss this event.

Mitchell asked me to forward his email below.

Please let me know ASAP if you can attend.

Thanks, Paul

Paul Napolitano
Director, Environmental Division
Alexander Wall Corporation