[Fredslist] Free Concert on May 17

Gil Effron gil at strategiesforgrowth.net
Mon May 5 14:10:55 EDT 2008

One Saturday evening toward the end of April -- unable to find a movie that
we could both agree on -- my wife Sandy and I searched the Internet for
things to do in NYC.

We discovered a listing for a FREE concert by the New York Repertory
Orchestra. We attended the concert. To our delight, it was exceptional.

We ultimately learned that NYRO is a 15-year-old community orchestra. All of
its concerts are free. Its performers, representing a vast cross section of
artists and experience, all volunteer their time.

Under the direction of David Leibowitz, founder, music director, and
conductor, NYRO prides itself on bringing great music, innovative programs,
and world-class soloists to the community. Operating expenses are covered by
a few private and corporate donations... and a request for a nominal $10
donation at the door.

Following the concert I contacted David and asked him how I could help. He
said, "Just tell your friends about us. We love what we do and our
performers are grateful for a receptive audience." He also shared that, as
with any 501-c-3 non-profit, financial help is always welcomed... and always
needed.

The final concert of the season is fast approaching on...

Saturday, May 17, at 8:00 p.m.
Good Shepherd Church
152 West 66th Street between Broadway and Amsterdam

Admission is free!

The May 17 program includes:

Vincent D'Indy: Suite from "Karadec"
Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart: Piano Concerto No. 20 in D minor... Anna Polonsky,
piano
Antonin Dvorak: Symphony No. 9 in E minor "From the New World"

If you're a music lover looking for an inspiring musical event that is
tremendously engaging, I promise you won't be disappointed. The music is
brilliant. The enthusiasm and professionalism of the performers was a sheer
delight to observe.

You can learn more about New York Repertory Orchestra at www.NYRO.org. When
you're online, take a look at the "About NYRO" page. You'll see a photo of
the inside of the church where the orchestra performs. The orchestra and
audience of about 250 people are on the same level. You'll feel like you're
a part of the orchestra. We did!

Gil Effron
Strategies For Growth
305 Madison Avenue, Suite 449
New York, New York 10165
212-505-4339 or 800-226-2428
www.StrategiesForGrowth.net

347-920-3272 finds me anywhere, anytime!

Don't Just Watch The Gap... Eliminate It!