[Fredslist] Major Environmental and Sustainability Conference

David Alexander MyEmail2 at OpalComputing.com
Fri May 2 08:00:26 EDT 2008

For those who are free to change their plans and make new plans when a
unique, ground-breaking event takes place, this major,
<http://www.planetthoughts.org/?pg=pt/Whole&qid=2085> non-profit, Local
Future conference about the state and direction of our global environment,
together with significant discussion by experts on sustainable living, is
for you.  It will take place in Grand Rapids, Michigan on May 30 to June
1st.  Topics include peak oil and energy, global warming and climate change,
resources, and sustainable and community living.

There will be six speakers from the international environmental and
community living/sustainability world (two of them from live interactive
video feeds), plus a large variety of other speakers on a host of topics.
I will be attending and speaking there as well, and I can personally vouch
for the motives and skill of the organizer, Aaron Wissner, in presenting a
top-notch set of information for those concerned with our environment, at a
low attendance cost that is likely to set back Aaron more than he would
like.

David Alexander
Opal Computing
(718) 343-4054
http://www.opalcomputing.com <http://www.opalcomputing.com/>

    Now! Visit http://www.PlanetThoughts.org
<http://www.planetthoughts.org/>  to
    raise your awareness, discuss, and act on the
    current crises in the planet's environment

The Science and Art of Software Systems
Quality and innovation since 1986