[Fredslist] Re: Letters for Lisa should be cc'd to these agencies.

Kelly Welles kelly at wellesfinancialservices.com
Mon Mar 24 20:46:07 EDT 2008

A cc to one or more othe following agencies often results in more noise and a faster reply.

  Better Business Bureau
  US/NYS Department of Consumer Affairs
  FCC (thank you Linda Lamel)
  FTC
  US State Dept.
  Department of Commerce

  Also, don't forget your local news stations -- especially the 5 PM news shows.
  I have sent this to a couple of journalists friends and will report back with other advice.

  Kelly Welles

AST10359 at aol.com wrote:
  I have sent a slightly revised letter to Robert Dotson at T Mobile and I provide the text below, so that anyone else may utilize it.  Good luck to Lisa!

March 24, 2008
Mr. Robert Dotson
President and Chief Executive Officer
T Mobile
12920 SE 38th Street
Bellevue, WA 98006

Dear Mr. Dotson:

The subject of this letter is an egregious wrong which T Mobile has imposed on a colleague of mine.  I am calling this situation to your attention because it also reflects poorly on T Mobile's ability to attract new customers and requires immediate redress.  After you have read the facts, please imagine what effect adverse publicity in the media would have on T Mobile's reputation, if the matter were to reach the newspapers or television in New York.

Lisa Welsein and her Danish husband Kristoffer are recently married. Kristoffer is employed by the United Nations and accepted a post in Nairobi, Kenya. Kristoffer works for the International Food Bank, and Lisa, a gifted teacher is seeking employment. Below is their T Mobile information.
*The name on the account it: Lisa Marie Mueller Welsien*
*The phone number: 917-412-2354 (my husband's line on the account is
202-294-0302)*
*Account number: 513008005*
*The last four digits of my SS: 2704*

They arrived in Nairobi just prior to the ethnic fighting which took place in the past few months. Lisa's phone was not working properly and she asked a local merchant to repair it. Just arrived, and in need of communication with her worried family, she was not familiar with the way things work in a third world country like Kenya, having been raised in a rural area in Massachusetts. Her SIM card was stolen by the vendor and sold to a third party who immediately ran up over $7000 in telephone calls.