[Fredslist] Today's meeting

Gerald Goldhaber geraldgoldhaber at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 23 16:31:51 EDT 2008

Fellow Experts:  We had a dynamite meeting today during which our member Vic Maiorana made a terrific presentation on the Daubert Federal Ruling and its impact on experts.  His handout is very valuable and should be in every expert's file;  I will forward it to you as soon as I get an electronic copy from Vic.  See you all at our next meeting on August 4 at 12:30pm at Fabio's restaurant.  I will announce the topic for that meeting in my next email.   Our topic on September 15 will be a discussion led by Paul Ribaudo on how we as experts manage our clients' expectations of us and our work and how our clients do the same (i.e., do we clearly tell the clients what we need to prepare for a case, how much time is involved, what it will cost, etc. and do they let us know their expectations as well).  We may also invite an attorney to that meeting to help us better understand the lawyer's perspective in the expectations game. See you on Aug.4.  Gerry

 Gerald M. Goldhaber, Ph.D.
President and CEO
GRA, LLC
800 6th Avenue, Suite 26G