[Fredslist] Disputing with the Board of Ed

Raj Goel raj at brainlink.com
Tue Jun 17 12:22:31 EDT 2008

Fellow Gothamites,

  Arianna, our 6 year old, is currently in 1st grade and gets
specialized instruction in a small classroom environment.

     She has a regular teacher AND a teacher who specializes on
vision-impaired kids.

    Ari's neurologist, teachers and I feel that she needs the same
specialized teaching environment next year (I'm perfectly comfortable
having her held back in 1st grade this year).

    The Board of Ed did their own vision/hearing tests and determined
that Ari is qualified to graduate to the 2nd grade.

    The teachers, and we disagree.

    Who do we need to contact / how do we get the BOE to reverse their
decision?

    If the next school cannot provide specialized learning environment,
I am comfortable having her repeat 1st grade until she is
reading/writing at grade level.

    Ideas, suggestions, contacts welcome.

    Thanks.

-- Raj

Rajesh Goel, CISSP
cell (917) 685-7731
CTO: Brainlink International, Inc.
HIPAA, PCI-DSS, Sarbanes-Oxley & GLBA Information Security Compliance
"We make IT simple"