[Fredslist] A Little Help

Planman201 at aol.com Planman201 at aol.com
Thu Jun 12 15:18:45 EDT 2008

OK Gotham here's a plight we all have or will face in our lives.

My 90 year old mother has had deteriorating health and mental capabilities
accelerating over the past two years. We've had a 24/7 live in aide staying with
her in her home over that period of time. Yesterday, her doctor, my wife (who
has been incredible with Mom) and Mom's aide told me they feel that she can
no longer live at home. Concurrently, I was at fellow Gothamite Sandy Busell's
office finalizing an application for Medicaid for my mother which now makes
Mom Medicaid eligible (thanks Sandy).

At that meeting and in conjunction with my family I made the decision to seek
out a quality nursing home for Mom. We were thrown several names but the only
one that I know and feel is quality is Gurwin. So here's my request from the
Gotham Community.

Does anyone have a connection at Gurwin? I did but it's gone now.

Does anyone have any suggestions for quality nursing homes in Eastern Nassau
or Western Suffolk Counties?

This is quite an emotional quandary to say the least. For those of you who
have been involved and offered help over the past couple of years (Andrea Gould
in particular) -- thanks for the bottom of the Pope family's hearts.

Thanks in advance.

Richard A. Pope
Financial Advisor
President/CEO
516 677-6212 phone
516 677-6858 fax

==
which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any
review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of or taking of any action
intended recipient is prohibited. If you received this in error, please contact
the sender and delete the material from all computers.

For additional information on Applied Financial Group please see our website
at appliedfinancialgroup.net. To send an email to our office use the above
emails address or go to our web address or use info at appliedfinancialgroup.net.

IRS CIRCULAR 230 DISCLOSURE:
To ensure compliance with requirements imposed by the IRS, we inform you that
any US tax advice contained in this communication (including any attachments)
is not intended or written to be used, and cannot be used, for the purpose of
(i) Avoiding penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or (ii) promoting,
marketing or recommending to another party any transaction or matter addressed
herein.