[Fredslist] Gotham Gives Back: Give Blood Campaign (with new info)

Bob Arnold, Jr. ra2 at arnoldstandard.com
Thu Jul 24 13:04:18 EDT 2008

The Gotham Motto.......It's better to give than to receive, but what comes
around goes around. This cannot be more true than when applied to donating
blood. The Long Island Blood Services' motto is "Give blood, save lives".
This is absolute truth and I know this first hand as explained below.

June 2, 2006, 11:01am - The best single moment of my life as I witnessed the
birth of my beautiful, healthy baby girl, Alexandria, which coincidentally
happened to be on my parents' wedding anniversary.

June 2, 2006, 7:30pm - The worst single moment of my life as I witnessed my
wife being administered her last rites.

The time in between was spent outside of an operating room in utter
disbelief as to what was happening as doctors tried to save Laura's life
while she hemorrhaged severely. In short, she bled to death more than six
times over and required more than 100 units of blood and blood agents. Yes,
more than 100 units!

Fortunately, because of donations, the hospital had an adequate blood
supply, she survived, and I am writing this as a happily married father
instead of a widowed single parent. I cannot advocate strongly enough that
you give blood. You never know when you or a loved one will need it.

The Gotham Blood Drive is Thursday, August 28th from 1:00pm-6:30pm at the
Milleridge Inn. Our goal is to donate 100 units through Gotham. Based on my
personal experience described above, if we meet that goal, Gotham will in
effect have donated enough blood to save my wife's life. I can only give one
unit and need 99 more people to show up and donate. Please see Ester's email
below for more information. Thank you.

Regards, Bob

Bob Arnold, Jr.
Vice President