[Fredslist] Introducing Marissa Jacoby

Ester Horowitz m2powerinc at bigplanet.com
Mon Jul 21 08:24:53 EDT 2008

Dear Gothamites,

I've know Marisa's dad since I was five years old.  Marisa just graduated
college and is looking for an entry level position in public relations
involving product placement with media celebrities.  Any advice,
suggestions, or opportunities you know about would be most welcomed.  You
can contact Marisa at Marisa.jacoby at gmail.com directly.

Below is her resume

MARISA JACOBY

93 Harris Drive

Oceanside, NY 11572

E-Mail:marisa.jacoby at gmail.com Cell: (516) 946-7650

EDUCATION:

Bachelor of Arts in Journalism and minor in Fine Arts
May 2008

Indiana University, Bloomington, IN

Dean's List: 2006, 2007, 2008

Related Courses: Public Relations, Public Relations Planning and Research,
Public Relations Writing, Reporting, Writing and Editing I & II, Media as
Social Institutions, Advertising, Communications, Apparel Merchandising,
Communications Law, Graphic Communications, Economics and Statistics

EXPERIENCE:

Max & Chloe, Social Networking Coordinator, New York, NY      Oct. 2007-May
2008

-                      Maintained media relationships and social networking

-                      Editor and contributor to Max & Chloe blog

-                      Managed company's MySpace page

Max & Chloe, Public Relations and Graphic Design Intern
Summer 2007

-                      Pitched letters to the media

-                      Organized press with Photoshop

-                      Launched a company MySpace page

-                      Coordinated media contact database

Nordstrom, Retail Salesperson in Salon Shoes, Garden City, NY  Summers
2005-2006

-                      Succeeded in increasing department and individual
sales

-                      Coordinated and handled shipments for personal
customers

-                      Answered phones, called customers, wrote thank-you
notes

ACTIVITIES:

Public Relations Student Society of America, Member
2006-Present

SKILLS:

Knowledgeable in Microsoft Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Word, Adobe
Illustrator, InDesign, and Photoshop.  Both Mac and PC proficient.

SUCCESSES:

Created a winning PR Campaign for Bloomington New Tech H.S.
Spring 2008

Warmest Regards

Ester Horowitz

www.m2powerinc.com

516 409-0849

888 609-6828

"Some men see things as they are and say why?

I see things that never were and say why not?"

-George Bernard Shaw-