[Fredslist] Ode to Lenovo

Raj Goel raj at brainlink.com
Wed Jul 16 16:27:14 EDT 2008

Gothamites,

   We've all heard stories (and experienced) shoddy tech support.

   Please allow me to share with you a *FANTASTIC* experience we had with Lenovo Thinkpad Support.

   As a rule, the only laptops I recommend and purchase are Lenovo (formerly IBM) Thinkpad T-61.

THU: a client dropped several bottles accidentally, onto the laptop.

   The screen was completely dead.
Worse, the external display would blackout within 15 minutes.

FRI:  Called Lenovo T series support (based out of Atlanta!), opened ticket.

MON: morning -  DHL pickup box arrived
Afternoon:  pulled HD out, shipped laptop back

WED morning: FULLY repaired laptop arrived.  New screen, new inverter, latest BIOS.  Perfect.

------

Approx 7 years ago, I spilled coke on my new thinkpad T20.  Next day, IBM replaced all components onsite.

Since then, we have purchased 7+ thinkpads, and recommended hundreds more.

-------

MORAL of Story:

Buy Thinkpad T61s with extended Lenovo Support.

The tech guys/gals speak English and they know what's important:

Great Customer Service = Loyal Customers = Lifetime revenues.

Rajesh Goel, CISSP
cell (917) 685-7731
CTO: Brainlink International, Inc.
"IT Crisis Management and Solutions"