[Fredslist] Another winner meeting!

Gil Effron gil at strategiesforgrowth.net
Tue Jul 15 08:00:57 EDT 2008

Gotham SOLO -- including members, Gothamites riding the circuit, and guests
-- met yesterday, Monday, July 14th, in the boardroom at Sterling National
Bank.

Our guest speaker was Janet Castrogiovanni, president of Virtual Office
Excellence, and a member of Gotham's Long Island group.

Janet is a VIRTUAL ASSISTANT.

As solo practitioners -- business owners who work without employees -- we've
heard about virtual assistants. But until yesterday, we'd never actually
come face to face with one... and we certainly didn't know much about what
they do or how they do it.

As a virtual assistant (and building on her experience as a senior
administrative assistant) Janet provides administrative, clerical,
technical, and sometimes creative assistance to clients. She works from her
home (where she can move back and forth between being a mom of three very
"actual" children and her role as a virtual assistant) and communicates with
clients through phone and email.

Janet shared examples of the types of activities she is involved with (from
inputting data to planning events to serving as the customer service
department for a software company)... how much she charges... what types of
projects she might reject... and how one goes about the task of locating a
virtual assistant, hiring the virtual assistant, and then taking the giant
step of becoming comfortable with someone else (a voice on the phone in a
distant city) dealing with business and personal matters and controlling
their computer remotely.

Now we know, thanks to Janet's informative sharing and an unending stream of
questions from the group. A virtual assistant allows a business owner or
professional to concentrate on "more important things" while the virtual
assistant deals with the details.

- - - -

We are already looking forward to our next meeting on Monday, August 25,
2008 at 12:30 p.m. at the Friars Club where our topic will be "health
insurance for solo practitioners."

SOLO serves the needs of business owners and professionals that work on
their own (without employees). Any solo practitioner is welcome to join us.
SOLO does not have a "no compete" rule.

Co-chairs are Bob Formica and Gil Effron. Group coordinator is Jill
Goldstein.

Bob Formica,  <mailto:Robert.Formica at Sterlingbancorp.com>
Robert.Formica at Sterlingbancorp.com, 212-935-4163
Gil Effron,  <mailto:gil at StrategiesForGrowth.net>
gil at StrategiesForGrowth.net, 347-920-3272
Jill Goldstein,  <mailto:jgoldstein at imprintdesigns.com>
jgoldstein at imprintdesigns.com, 917-442-1629

Gil Effron
Strategies For Growth
305 Madison Avenue, Suite 449
New York, New York 10165
212-505-4339 or 800-226-2428
www.StrategiesForGrowth.net

347-920-3272 finds me anywhere, anytime!

Don't Just Watch The Gap... Eliminate It!