[Fredslist] Study on Head-lice - School Nurses Needed to Participate

Marks, David DMarks at humed.com
Thu Jul 10 15:03:00 EDT 2008

Hi Fellow Gothamites,

We are doing a study on head-lice here at our Center and are looking for
more school nurses to participate. Please read the letter below and
contact Erin Ihde, our Research Project Manager, for more details.
(dienviro at humed.com, or call 201-336-8071) Please feel free to pass this
on to any school nurses or teachers you know in the NY, NJ, CT metro
area.

Thank you and regards,

David L. Marks

The Deirdre Imus Environmental Center for Pediatric Oncology
Hackensack University Medical Center * A Not-For-Profit-Corporation
The David & Alice Jurist Research Building
30 Prospect Avenue, Suite 240
Hackensack, NJ 07601
Dir: 201.336.8346
T: 201-336-8071
F: 201-336-8160
E: dmarks at humed.com <BLOCKED::mailto:dmarks at humed.com>
W: www.dienviro.com <BLOCKED::http://www.dienviro.com/>

<BLOCKED::http://www.dienviro.com/s950/images/children_s_hospital_letter
head.jpg>

	July 10 , 2008

	Dear School  Nurse :

	As you may know, head lice affects 6-12 million children across
the country every year.  It can sweep through a school, often leaving
children, parents and nurses seeking the most effective treatment but
finding confusing answers.  Current therapies often must be repeated,
exposing children to toxic pesticides that may do more harm than good.

	The Deirdre Imus Environmental Center for Pediatric Oncology(r)
in partnership with The Joseph M. Sanzari Children's Hospital at
Hackensack University Medical Center is interested in finding a better,
safer way to treat head lice.

	By learning more about the diagnosis and treatment of head lice
from school nurses like you, we have designed a clinical trial for a
nontoxic head lice treatment.  With the study protocol, funding and
supplies secured, we would like to ask your participation in this effort
that will potentially impact school children across the country.

	Our Center's mission is to identify, control and ultimately
prevent exposures to environmental factors that may cause adult, and
especially pediatric cancer, as well as other health problems with our
children. We are concerned about the toxicity and environmental impact
of current head lice therapies and hope to establish, for the first time
in the U.S. , a proven, effective nontoxic head lice treatment that is
readily available to all.

	If you are interested in participating in this effort, please
see our Study Q & A Fact Sheet
<BLOCKED::http://pull.xmr3.com/p/10-BF85/8894357/clickto1_viro.com-index
1.aspx-BD=18896.html>  for more information.  To register for
participation, or if you have additional questions, please email study
coordinator Erin Ihde at: dienviro at humed.com
<BLOCKED::mailto:dienviro at humed.com> , or call 201-336-8071 by Thursday,
June 26, 2008.  The study will be conducted from Monday, September 8
until Tues., November 18.

	Thank you in advance for your help and interest in protecting
our children's health.

	Deirdre Imus, President
	The Deirdre Imus Environmental Center for Pediatric Oncology(r)

	Jeffrey R. Boscamp, M.D.
	Marvin I. Gottlieb, M.D. Chair in Pediatrics
	Physician-in-Chief, The Joseph M. Sanzari Children's Hospital
	Hackensack University Medical Center

	30 Prospect Ave
	Hackensack, NJ 07601

	This is a commercial message.
<BLOCKED::http://pull.xmr3.com/p/10-6426/8892103/watermark.gif>

________________________________

If you would prefer not to receive further messages from this sender,
please
click on the following e-mail link and send a message with or without
any text:

Click here to opt out
<BLOCKED::mailto:K-3-1101970-28682951-2-10-US1-393D9D21 at xmr3.com>

You will receive one additional e-mail message confirming your removal.
*** HUMC's Proactive Security and Virus Scanner has scanned this email
for
malicious content and it is safe to use***