[Fredslist] Gotham City Networking: Give Back Give Blood

Ester Horowitz m2powerinc at bigplanet.com
Sun Jul 6 15:19:07 EDT 2008

Gotham City Networking Group is interested in a blood drive entitled Gotham
City Networking: Give Back. Give Blood.

The summer months are the time of year when blood supply is at its lowest.
800 pints of blood are needed every day in Long Island alone never mind New
York City. The worst time when supply is at its lowest is the last two weeks
of August.  It costs nothing except your time.  However to make this work we
require the following:

A minimum of 30 people from Long Island and a minimum of 30 people from New
York City willing to commit to giving blood.

A minimum of 5-6 weeks to promote the effort resulting in a date that is
August 26.

Yes, it is the time of year when children go back to college, families go on
vacation, etc.  Yet for everyone that does go away there are others

who must stay behind to man the fort so to speak.  So this is what I am
proposing.

August 20th be designated as a day where any Gothamite who can't participate
August 26, will make a commitment to go to their nearest

Blood center and donate blood by appointment with a designated Gotham #
assigned to us.  I will provide the location sites on a future fredslist.

For the rest of us who are in town, ask your center of influence to
participate with us on August 26th.  The week of August 26 is a great
networking week because much cannot be accomplished until after Labor Day.
Encourage other groups you belong to participate with us because as
Gothamites we are strongest not only by our numbers but also by our
relationships.  So bring a friend or two to breakfast, lunch, or dinner
after you both meet to donate blood.  I challenge Gotham to donate 100 pints
of blood.

The proposed locations on August 26 are Plainview-Old Bethpage Library from
8a-5p for Long Islanders and tentatively the Friars club from 8a-12p pm for
New York City.

Please let me know if you are interested and can participate, when, and how
many you might be able to get to join you if possible so that we can make
the commitment to give back by giving blood at the most neediest time of the
year.  When you save a life you change the world.

Warmest Regards

Ester Horowitz

www.m2powerinc.com

516 409-0849

888 609-6828

"Some men see things as they are and say why?

I see things that never were and say why not?"

-George Bernard Shaw-