[Fredslist] Real Estate 101: Now Is The Time To Buy Promo

JADLER115 at aol.com JADLER115 at aol.com
Thu Jan 31 21:41:20 EST 2008

It was so refreshing to hear something positive about real estate  when I was
listening to CNN the other day.  The host of the show  actually said that if
you have any money, money in a piggy bank.....now is  the time to invest.
Below is part of an article from the  Association of Foreign Investors.....so I
ask....if they can invest here,  why can't we?  If you would like the entire
article I would be happy  to send it to you.

International investors  continue to broaden their allocation of investment
funds around the world  and have adopted innovative strategies to more easily
acquire real estate  within the most competitive markets. While the US remained
the most dominant single market  for investment, India ranked highly as a
place  for capital appreciation. And while the US is  perceived to be a difficult
place to acquire real estate, the number of  respondents who say it is “very
difficult” has decreased for the past  three years. The 15th annual AFIRE
Investor’s Survey reflects the  attitudes of the members of the Association of
Foreign Investors in Real  Estate (AFIRE) who collectively own $600 billion of
real estate globally  and $185 billion in the US.
“The results of this year’s  survey manifest the most global viewpoint our
members have ever  expressed,” said Mark Preston, president of Grosvenor UK and
Ireland,  and AFIRE’s newly elected chairman. “The US remains  the strongest
and safest conduit for cross-border real estate capital, by  a substantial
margin, 63%. But it is clear that our members are taking  advantage of some of
the opportunities inherent in emerging markets.”
Global  Viewpoint
London remained the top  global city for foreign investors for the second
year in a row. For the  first time, New York City was ranked as  number two and
supplanted Washington, DC in that spot. The re-emergence of  New York City
became the theme of the AFIRE  2007 Winter Conference in February entitled, New
York City: Five  Years After. Washington, DC fell to fourth place behind Paris.
The cities of  Munich, Stockholm and Moscow made strong showings this year by
moving up the rankings in significant leaps.

Janet
Janet Adler Realty
212 427  3809