[Fredslist] Re: Gotham Magic Hits Kladno

Ellin Yassky medici18 at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 27 12:08:01 EST 2008

I have experienced my first touch of Gotham magic and am still basking in its delight. I have Gil Efron to thank for the next installment in the wonderful story of the Kladno Torah. For those of you who have followed the story of the survival of a Torah scroll from Kladno in the Czech republic, (now residing in Fairfield, CT), you might remember that I recently took a group of 20 people to Prague and Kladno to meet with the congregation Hussite church. It was incredible, but you'll have to wait for the book and movie to come out to know more.

However . . . .there will be a rededication of this scroll on June 8th and I needed to secure the presence of someone from the Czech Embassy at the ceremony. Gil Efron had been reading my missives and last Friday, he made a personal introduction between me and the appropriate person at the Czech Consulate in New York City. Gil deftly worked Gotham magic and the end result is that we will be honored by the presence and participation of the Czech Ambassador at the June 8th rededication. I could not have even hoped for such esteemed representation, but there you have it. Thank you Gil. You have greatly contributed to a healing process that goes beyond anything to do with money. You've helped bring people together so that we can respectfully pay tribute to acts of bravery and survival done by people who had nothing to gain, and everything to lose. Heaven only knows where it will go from here.

Ellin Yassky

Ellin Yassky, Ph.D.
Medici Editorial Services,LLC
39 Woodbine Lane