[Fredslist] [Promo] Business-to-Business Dispute Resolution Law

David Abeshouse davidlaw at optonline.net
Fri Feb 29 13:36:08 EST 2008

The Law Office of David J. Abeshouse

Business Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR):

Resolving Business Disputes and Conflicts Creatively

Through Arbitration, Mediation or Settlement Negotiation

50 Charles Lindbergh Blvd., Suite 400

Uniondale, NY  11553

516-229-2360 (ph)

516-229-2361 (fax)

David at BizLawNY.com

www.BizLawNY.com <http://www.bizlawny.com/>

I am a business arbitration/mediation lawyer, and a neutral arbitrator and
mediator:

As a lawyer, I help entrepreneurs, professionals, and small to medium-sized
companies that find themselves facing a business dispute (e.g., alleged
breach of contract, internal dissension or discord, or other conflict) that
they may need to prosecute or defend against.  I represent and advocate
forcefully for my clients in settlement negotiations, arbitration or
mediation proceedings. Wearing various professional hats, I have the
advantage of seeing the process from the perspective of adjudicator as well
as lawyer, and this makes me a more effective advocate for my clients.  My
practice also includes representation of clients who have received a
subpoena from a governmental agency such as the N.Y. State Attorney General
or the U.S. Department of Justice.  In all matters, responsive mutual
attorney-client communication is essential, emphasized, and encouraged.

As a professional neutral arbitrator, I act essentially as a private judge
for several national and international Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR)
forums such as the American Arbitration Association and International Centre
for Dispute Resolution, hearing and adjudicating business dispute cases. My
binding decisions, confirmed in a court judgment, ultimately have the force
of law.

And as a professional neutral mediator, I serve as an independent neutral
outside facilitator of parties' efforts to resolve their business disputes
in a meaningful, constructive, consensual, win-win fashion, ultimately
resulting in a customized written settlement agreement reflecting the
parties' needs and interests, through a process free from the artificial
restrictions of court evidentiary rules.  Mediation is one of the most
effective and mutually rewarding means toward resolving business (and other)
disputes.

Combining my experience as an advocate and neutral in ADR matters, I also
provide arbitration/mediation consulting services to the profession.  Many
lawyers litigate court cases but are unfamiliar with the principal ADR
(arbitral and mediation) arenas: rules of procedure, approaches and methods,
what to expect, how best to manage the process.  Parties or counsel can hire
me as a consultant.

Responsibility is key: I personally am involved in every client matter, and
do not delegate cases to inexperienced junior colleagues who are unfamiliar
with the case or the law.  I refrain from accepting matters that are outside
my areas of practice (not a "jack-of-all-trades"); instead, I carefully
recommend other professionals who are appropriate for cases I do not handle.

"AV" (highest) peer rating by Martindale-Hubbell for Legal Ability and
Ethical Standards (1995 to present)

"CV, BV and AV are registered certification marks of Reed Elsevier
Properties Inc., used in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell
certification procedures, standards and policies.   AV Peer Review Rating -
shows that a lawyer has reached the height of professional excellence. He or
she has usually practiced law for many years, and is recognized for the
highest levels of skill and integrity."