[Fredslist] Invitation to a special offsite meeting of HBA -- The Health & Business Alliance

David Abeshouse davidlaw at optonline.net
Mon Feb 25 14:23:03 EST 2008

Colleagues and Friends:

I may have invited you previously to attend a meeting of The Health &
Business Alliance (HBA), an excellent, unusual group; you may have even
attended a meeting in the past.  Several Gothamites are members.  Regardless
of whether I'm inviting you again or for the first time, I commend this
unique group to your attention.

In essence, it's not really a networking group; rather, it's a NY
not-for-profit 501 (c) (6) educational corporation that brings together
people from the not-for-profit sector, the for-profit business sector, and
the healthcare sector - we work together on events and other projects for
the benefit of the community and in so doing, get to know each other better
than networking group members usually do, so there are elements of each at
work here.  I am a founding board member of this group, which now has been
in existence for about five years.  Our members are a diverse mix of people
mostly from Nassau and Queens.  We recently formed a related 501 (c) (3)
charitable foundation to further the mission of HBA, so there's more
opportunity for involvement than ever.

For more information, please visit our website:   http://www.HBAmetro.org
<http://www.hbametro.org/>

Although we usually meet monthly at Holliswood Hospital, we go offsite three
or four times each year.  Our next special offsite meeting will be held at
the Queens Museum of Art on Friday, March 7, from 8:30 - 10 a.m. (we
recommend showing up about 1/2 hour early, to meet, greet, and network;
people often opt to stay around to chat for about 1/2 hour afterwards as
well).  The Museum is located near Shea Stadium, the Hall of Science, and
the USTA Tennis Center, just off the Grand Central Parkway, with plenty of
available free parking.  Directions:
http://www.queensmuseum.org/information/directions.htm

Meetings are free for guests; after attending a meeting or two, you can
decide whether you'd like to join as a member (dues are reasonable, and vary
depending on the number of people in your organization).

Please let me know if you are interested in joining us for breakfast at this
upcoming meeting, or if you have any questions.  Please also feel free to
forward this e-mail to anyone you believe might be interested in the group.
There is no competition rule in effect, so we can have more than one
practitioner in any given area of business.

Best regards,

David
Gotham L.I.

David J. Abeshouse
Law Office of David J. Abeshouse
50 Charles Lindbergh Blvd., Suite 400
Uniondale, NY  11553
516-229-2360 (ph); 516-229-2361 (fax)
Business Litigation and Alternative Dispute Resolution
Arbitrator/Mediator
 <mailto:David at BizLawNY.com> David at BizLawNY.com
 <http://www.BizLawNY.com> http://www.BizLawNY.com