[Fredslist] Maria Guida speaks and sings at SACC

Raj Goel raj at brainlink.com
Thu Feb 14 07:03:33 EST 2008

Gothamites,

   Last night, we had the pleasure of being coached by Maria Guida in the art of public speaking and making effective presentations.

   Research shows that the audiences pay attention to the following:

38% to how the speaker looks
55% to how the speaker sounds
7% to the message

   Needless to say, Maria looked fabulous and sounded exquisite.

   When the crowd got unruly, most speakers go "shhhhhhh!" Or plead "can I have your attention, please".

   But not our Maria, oh no!

   She broke out in operatic interludes!

   Gurmeet Sodhi & Jas Mayall put on a great event.  Business definitely closed last night.

   As the kids say, props to David Stein, Joe Q, Ed Bienstock and David Abeshouse for riding the (extended) circuit.

Rajesh Goel, CISSP
cell (917) 685-7731
CTO: Brainlink International, Inc.
"IT Crisis Management and Solutions"
PCI-DSS Credit Card, HIPAA, Sarbanes-Oxley & GLBA Information Security Compliance