[Fredslist] Disability Claim

jzinder jzinder at joshuazinder.com
Tue Feb 5 16:52:47 EST 2008

Gotham,

I need some help with understanding the implications of a disability claim.
If you can help or have experience with this please read below.

Our housekeeper of about a year (we pay her on the books) has submitted a
disability claim.  She Slipped 2 discs and has stated that is occurred at
our home after she took time off but while she was still coming in to work
she would complain that she went to her chiropractor and needed to go back
as her back hurt her even more after.  She sent us a form that she would
like us to fill out CLAIM FOR DISABILITY BENEFITS - DS-1 Part C it asks if
we have a private plan. (Not sure exactly what that means.)  We carried and
offered no insurance for her.  It was our understanding that the workers
comp was covered under our homeowners insurance.  And also under Workers
compensation section of the form she has checked off that it occurred in
connection to her work or while on premises.  If you can let me know the
potential implications of this form it would be most helpful, as this is not
my area of expertise.

Thanks

Josh