[Fredslist] Fw: Newsday request

Fred Klein fklein at kleinzelman.com
Fri Dec 19 17:16:35 EST 2008

Another request from our friendly reporter Christina Hernandez.  Let's try
to help her.  Please read below.  Thanks.

__________________________________
Fred C. Klein
Klein Zelman Rothermel LLP
485 Madison Avenue, 15th Floor
New York, NY 10022
(212) 935-6020
fklein at legal.org
http://www.kleinzelman.com
http://www.gothamnetworking.com
----- Forwarded by Fred Klein/KZRD on 12/19/2008 05:15 PM -----

             "Christina
             Hernandez"
             <Christina.Hernan                                          To
             dez at newsday.com>          "Fred Klein"
                                       <fklein at kleinzelman.com>
             12/19/2008 05:10                                           cc
             PM
                                                                   Subject
                                       Newsday request

Hi Fred,
Hope you're staying warm in this weather. I've got an assignment for a
story that I will write mostly tomorrow (Saturday) for Sunday's paper. The
story is about how the U.S. Treasury Department won’t change rules on
mandatory withdrawals from 401(k) plans for 2008, forcing many retirees to
draw down accounts after large stock-market losses. I'm still learning
about this myself, but I believe it means that account holders over the age
of 70 and a half will still be required to take a minimum withdrawal based
on IRS tables. What we're looking for are people on Long Island that would
be affected by this. That is, people who are older than 70 and a half and
don't want to be forced to withdraw from their 401(k) in these trying
economic times. I'd interview the people over the phone and we might also
like to send a photographer to them for a photo. We're also looking for a
Long Island accountant that can explain what this means to the average
person. If you wouldn't mind sending this out to your list, I'd greatly
appreciate it. I can be reached by email and in the office. Thanks so much.
All best,

Christina Hernandez
Newsday reporter
631-843-3026 (office)
631-456-2385 (cell)
631-843-2953 (fax)
christina.hernandez at newsday.com
The information transmitted in this email and any of its attachments is
contain Cablevision proprietary information, which is privileged,
confidential, or subject to copyright belonging to Cablevision. Any review,
reliance upon, this information by persons or entities other than the
intended recipient is prohibited and may be unlawful. If you received this
in error, please contact the sender immediately and delete and destroy the
communication and all of the attachments you have received and all copies
thereof.***This e-mail is covered by the Electronic Communications Privacy Act, 18 U.S.C. Secs 2510-2521 and is legally privileged. This e-mail, and any documents attached, may contain confidential information belonging to the sender which is protected by the work product and/or other privileges.

This email is intended only for the use of the individual(s) named, and may contain confidential and/or legally privileged information.  If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or the taking of any action in reliance on the contents of this email is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this email in error,  please delete the email and notify the sender if we are sending you  materials in error.

Circular 230 Disclosure Notice. To insure compliance with requirements imposed by the Internal Revenue Service, we inform you that any tax advice that may be contained in this communication (including any attachments) is not intended or  written to be used, and cannot be used, for the purpose of  voiding penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or any state or local tax law to which a  governmental requirement similar to Circular 230 applies.***