[Fredslist] My New Friend

Fred Klein fklein at kleinzelman.com
Thu Dec 11 15:35:18 EST 2008

Some of you may know Ron Tucker ( a great networker) and Ron asked me to
meet with Steve Schoen who had recently lost his job.  I did so yesterday
morning, and found Steve to be engaging, friendly, a quick study and
someone I would like  to help. I felt as if I had found a new friend.  As
such, I invited Steve to the Formica I lunch that same day, where he made a
poignant and impressive presentation to the group. We repeated the
experience today at the Bandit lunch.

I understand we're seeing resumes from many professionals that have been
affected by headcount reductions, but I've met Steve in person and can
vouch for him as a person of great integrity who will be a value-added
addition to any organization he joins.

From listening to Steve and reading his resume, his background is in asset
securitization and other forms of debt financing, along with their related
activities which include portfolio credit analysis, due diligence,
derivatives structuring, working with bond rating agencies and accountants,
managing internal and external deal teams and making presentations to
institutional investors.  Among his many accomplishments during his time at
GE, Steve developed and managed what has now become a $20B private label
credit card trust and GE Capital's largest S.E.C. registered
securitization, raising over $30B of financing during the four years he
managed this program.

In addition to securitization, capital markets and commercial lending
opportunities, which are limited at this time, Steve is utilizing his
skills and experience to explore adjacent areas such as treasury,
relationship management/marketing and structured finance advisory services,
each of which can be conducted in a variety of settings (i.e., corporation,
bank, finance company, consulting, private equity, etc.).  He would also
consider a more entrepreneurial path as well if the “right” opportunity
that presented itself.

Please read Steve's resume below and think of some good leads for a very
worthy individual.  Thanks.

Steve's contact info is on his resume below.
[Conclusion](See attached file: Steven Schoen CV.DOC)

__________________________________
Fred C. Klein
Klein Zelman Rothermel LLP
485 Madison Avenue, 15th Floor
New York, NY 10022
(212) 935-6020
fklein at legal.org
http://www.kleinzelman.com
http://www.gothamnetworking.com***This e-mail is covered by the Electronic Communications Privacy Act, 18 U.S.C. Secs 2510-2521 and is legally privileged. This e-mail, and any documents attached, may contain confidential information belonging to the sender which is protected by the work product and/or other privileges.

This email is intended only for the use of the individual(s) named, and may contain confidential and/or legally privileged information.  If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or the taking of any action in reliance on the contents of this email is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this email in error,  please delete the email and notify the sender if we are sending you  materials in error.

Circular 230 Disclosure Notice. To insure compliance with requirements imposed by the Internal Revenue Service, we inform you that any tax advice that may be contained in this communication (including any attachments) is not intended or  written to be used, and cannot be used, for the purpose of  voiding penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or any state or local tax law to which a  governmental requirement similar to Circular 230 applies.***