[Fredslist] Responses to my Business Card Question

Rona Gura ronagura at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 10 10:01:59 EST 2008

Hi Gotham-

 I got so many requests for the responses I received concerning organizing business cards I thought the best way to disseminate the information would be in a Fredslist posting.I cut and pasted them into this email.  Here are the responses:

Get a device called CardScan. Then scan them into the device and you have them electronically organized into your Outlook and your PDA. Numerous people recommended CardScan.

I use Timematters.  It’s a case management and contact management database.

I just throw cards into a large coffee mug [big enough for soup] all the new cards I get and then I follow up.  They either go into Outlook or the round file.

I have mine in a large loose leaf binder in plastic card holders that are organized by category. 10 fit per page and I use both sides. I don’t put them in there until I enter them in my outlook database. That way if I forget someone’s name and know what type of business they are in I can look through that category.

OUTLOOK or ACT. You can scan them into either with a business card scanner (not expensive) and set a reminder to contact them. If you use ACT, it will send an email to them if you want or do a reminder to you to follow up. You can also send them all a contact email the same day you scan their cards to say “ great to have met you, here’s a little more of what I do. Can I call you on X day to discuss a follow up visit?”

 Rajesh Goel, CISSP was recommended by several people, that's one of the services he provides -training professionals in maximizing the value of networking.

I hope this helps!

Rona

Rona