[Fredslist] A question from a colleague re her building ¹ s mortgage

anna at lieberbrewster.com anna at lieberbrewster.com
Thu Aug 14 17:58:14 EDT 2008

Gotham friends,

The query below. Please do not hit reply.
Respond directly to the writer at her email address below.

How can I find out whether the corporation that owns the coop
building in which I rent an apartment is paying its mortgage(s)
on time or is in arrears or in danger of default?

On July 18, ³Bill Moyers¹ Journal² on PBS reported: ³More than
a third of all foreclosures nationwide are on apartment buildings
or houses where renters lived.²  The report said many renters have
lost their homes, even though they paid their rent all along, because
their landlords didn¹t pay their mortgages.

I have already contacted the manager of my local bank; the city¹s
Department of Finance; my state assembly member; the business
branch of the public library; etc. The assembly member¹s office
asked a bank, which seems to be one of two banks that hold the
mortgage(s), but the bank would not answer. It is imprudent for
me to contact the corporation directly.

Widely unheralded writer, editor, & copyeditor
Brooklyn, NY
reiselman at juno.com

Thanks,
Anna

Anna Lieber

Lieber Brewster, Inc.
Creating marketing velocity
212 874-0548
Strategic marketing, brand-building, executive coaching and training