[Fredslist] Need assistance for my mother-in-law

Robbie Jacobs rjacobs at dpinc-usa.com
Tue Aug 5 09:36:12 EDT 2008

Hi everyone along the network.

I need some advice / assistance with obtaining medical insurance for my
mother-in-law...quick story is she was always covered on my father-in-law's
CIGNA policy for her entire adult life. .he passed away 3 years ago this
October, and her COBRA is about to run out.

When we called SS to make sure that Medicare B would take over as her primary
healthcare in November, we were told that in 1997, when she turned 65, she
declined enrollment because she was covered under his policy.

Problem is she can't enroll until January, and it won't take effect until July
'09, so she is without any coverage from this November until next July.

Any advice or suggestions, as I am now frantic that she will be without any
coverage.  Thanks.

Sincerely,

Robbie Jacobs
Branch Manager - NY