[Fredslist] Leftovers

katalin katalin at medbillsassist.com
Mon Apr 28 07:54:44 EDT 2008

I second that.

Katalin Goencz

From: fredslist-bounces at gothamnetworking.com
[mailto:fredslist-bounces at gothamnetworking.com] On Behalf Of
Christopher Lamal
Sent: Sunday, April 27, 2008 6:12 AM
To: Newthynk at aol.com; fklein at kleinzelman.com;
fredslist at gothamnetworking.com
Subject: [Fredslist] Leftovers

Like the rest of you, I just got yet another one of Fred's and
Geraldine's incessant and tiresom e-mails about their upcoming
Gotham "Lefty Group" lunch.

As if I or any of the rest of us other right-thinking Gothamites
should care.

Truth be told (something I am known on occasion to tell), I am
offended by the exclusive and elitist attitude reflected in that
group's ground rules.  Too elitist, I suspect, even for Barack
Obama.  And who is a bigger lefty than Obama (putting aside, of
course, Rev. Wright)?

This all came home to me on Thursday when I attended the Women's
Group lunch as a guest and witnessed Fred whine, wheedle and
elbow his way to a corner seat so he could flail his left flank
with abandon while hacking through his meal without obstruction
from a right-handed neighbor.

And then it dawned on my lawyerlike laser mind (I am, after all,
a lawyer): If Fred can negotiate the logistics for figuring out
where to poisition (Oops, I mean "poison") himself at a Friars
Club table whose other members are normal human beings, then the
reverse must also be true.  Surely, a "Lefty" lunch of Fred's
Friars freaks can accommodate at least four normal, right-handed
Gotham members, one at each corner of its table.  (.....unless,
of course, his "Lefty" group is conspiring to exclude all the
rest of us by sitting at a table that's .....ROUND?!?)

As a Gothamite, I demand that the Lefty group implement an
affirmative action program and open its table to those of us on
the right (subject, of course, to a quota of no more than four
for each table).  We have an equal right (subject to that quota)
to sit at the table and share the poison.

Unless my demand is met, sir, you'll be hearing from my lawyer.
Conduct yourself accordingly!

With warmest regards,

Chris Lamal