[Fredslist] Time sensitive help needed: A little advice from the tribe regarding process on insurance claims please

Cschreiber at lidc.org Cschreiber at lidc.org
Sat Apr 26 11:28:23 EDT 2008

Help me Gotham:

I need some advice before 8:30 a.m. on Monday morning - please respond
to Cschreiber at lidc.org

About a month ago, my wife's car was backed into while she was at the
store. Some good Samaritan left her a note on the windshield with the
license plate and description of the car that did it. About $1,500 of
damage to the hood etc. so it wasn't very much by today's prices. She
reported it to the police and our agent. Police investigated and
reported the appearance of recent repair to the guilty party's car. Our
agent told us to expect a call from Allstate who covers the other
person. Allstate called today and asked my wife to take her car to a
repair shop who does the pictures for them for new clients. She has an
8:30 am appointment on Monday.

I'm not used to hearing from the other party's insurance company and
being of a suspicious nature I wonder if there is any concerns I should
have. Allstate said they want their representative to see the car and
assess the damage and then talk to their client. I wonder if they will
cause a problem for us to get reimbursed by our insurance company if
they take the attitude that the damage is minimal or refuse the claim
that our company will (or has) made against them.

Any advice will be welcomed.

Charles F. Schreiber Vice President, Lending
Greater New York Development Co.(GNYDC) /
Long Island Development Corp. (LIDC)
45 Seaman Avenue Bethpage, NY 11714
866 433-5432 516-433-5000, x1025
cschreiber at GNYDC.org
LIDC/GNYDC- part of the Long Island Development Corporation family of
economic development organizations, providing low cost loans and free
technical assistance to entrepreneurs and non profits for over 27 years.

$750 million+ in direct loans to businesses and non profits
$2.5 billion+ in bank and private capital leveraged for projects
45,000 jobs created
$1.7 billion in government contracts obtained.
LIDC/GNYDC provides low downpayment, low fixed rate, long term second
mortgages (behind banks and other lenders) for small businesses and
not-for-profits acquiring, renovating or constructing their own
facilities throughout New York, New Jersey and Connecticut.
See us at www.lidc.org or www.gnydc.org