[Fredslist] Update on friend w/cancer

naylorjt at optonline.net naylorjt at optonline.net
Mon Apr 14 12:02:02 EDT 2008

When we last left my friend Brian, he had just been diagnosed with esopageal cancer, had no health insurance and was completely overwhelmed with the situation.

He found a policy with a rider accepting pre-existing conditions. Susan Saijun Fitzharris and Jeanne Hand vetted it and declared it sound. Esther Horowitz has helped him understand the billing and gotten stuff paid that might not otherwise have been covered.

He came through chemo well and was operated on Thursday by Dr. Nasr al-Turki  among the leading thoracic surgeon in the world at Cornell-Weill.  He is recovering - the procedure has among the most difficult post-ops in the book and he looks it.

Thanks Gotham for all the support, advice on hospitals and help with the paperwork.

Jennifer Naylor
Gotham Women LI