[Fredslist] Legal Advice: Merging US and UK nonprofit

leslie j yerman communications msljy at lesliejyerman.com
Fri Sep 21 16:29:27 EDT 2007

I have a client who is a nonprofit corporation medical society.  It is
considering merging with an European society incorporated in the UK as
an association.  I am not clear about UK nonprofits, but the European
entity has a dot org Website address, so I assume it is also a nonprofit.

We are looking for guidance on what steps must be taken to accomplish
such a merger.

Any help would be deeply appreciated. Thanks.

leslie j. yerman

--
leslie j. yerman
communications