[Fredslist] Open House Yesterday: What About The Guys?

Michael Millis michael_millis at msn.com
Fri Sep 21 07:17:30 EDT 2007

Hello along the network,

At yesterday's Gotham Open House meeting, Fred's question of the day centered
around "money well spent."

I responded that I spend a lot of money sending flowers as a thank-you to women
who have in some way contributed to the success of my events. The goodwill the
gesture fosters definitely makes it money well spent.

As soon as I sat down, I realized that, in my haste to yield the floor to the next
person to speak, I had forgotten to mention that I put a great deal of time and
effort into selecting and hand-writing thank-you cards to all the men who contribute
to the success of my events.

Well, we always have a very sharp group of people showing up for meetings at
Gotham. One of the Open House guests, Helen Orloff, called me on my faux pas
after the meeting. I explained to her, as I have here, that I realized as soon as I
sat down that I had left out the guys by mistake.

My motto in doing business is never underestimate the power of "thank-you."
Investing in holding to that with the men and women with whom I do business has
always been money well spent.

Have a most excellent weekend, Gotham.

Thanks very much for your attention.

Mike Millis
MX2 MEDIA Special Events Design, Production, and Coordination "Making Exciting Things Happen." (718) 434-7879