[Fredslist] And the beat goes on: Gotham & 2nd generation networking

Adrian Miller amiller at adrianmiller.com
Fri Sep 7 17:54:59 EDT 2007

Hi:

I attended the Bandit meeting yesterday and Al Frecci made a
wonderful presentation of a new Gotham group that is now being
launched. The new Gotham group  is going to be made up of the
children, nieces and nephews of Gothamites...young people 21-25 years
old and  just starting out in their careers in New York.

The idea is to bring the Gotham concept of networking to this
generation of young people that are already schooled in networking
(ok, maybe Facebook, MySpace and Friendster aren't networking as we
know it but they call it social "networking"anyway) and give them a
forum to be mentored. network with each other and the general Gotham
population.

Al was much more eloquent and I am certain that he will communicate
this far better than I to the Gotham family but I wanted to send out
a resounding positive note about the idea.  I know my recent
Middlebury graduate will be happy to be a part of it...and this mom
thinks it is an awesome and totally unique idea. We can pick up where
the alumni orgs leave off and really do a great thing for these kids.

Have a great weekend.

Adrian

Adrian Miller Sales Training
516-767-9288
516-445-1135 (cell)
www.adrianmiller.com
http://adrianmiller.wordpress.com

"What if we train them and they leave? What if we don't train them
and they stay?"

See my new book: The Blatant Truth: 50 Ways to Sales Success" at
http://www.theblatanttruth.com/