[Fredslist] Long Island Health Care Grouo-riding the circuit

Irene Zelterman, LCSW eldercare at nyc.rr.com
Fri Oct 26 15:44:56 EDT 2007

Today I visited the Long Island Health Care group.  I am very happy I did not turn around and go home after I spent 1.5 hours on the LIE and figured I would be too late to show up.  I did show up late but people smiled at me any way and when I gave my excuse "***TRAFFIC****"  they all commiserated as only Long Island drivers can.

The group was wonderful.  We all understood each other and we were all interested in what the others were doing. June Cohen, the GC is very warm and inviting.  Of course Ben Geizhals, one of my favorite people at Gotham,(Fred don't be jealous)  was there too.

Let me tell you from first hand experience if you don't ride the circuit you are missing out on a rich experience. My first year at Gotham I never did this, but I am making up for it this year, even though it is late in the year, and I am having a great time. You get to met people who are interesting and open to discussing their and your business without feeling like you are cold calling or tracking people down.  We are all there for the same reason which makes networking sooooo much easier.

Thank you, Gotham, for helping me to develop my inner networker.

Irene Zelterman LCSW, C-ASWCM
Hearthside Care Coordinators
26 Court Street Suite 2810
Brooklyn NY 11242