[Fredslist] Re: Real Estate 101

JADLER115 at aol.com JADLER115 at aol.com
Fri Oct 5 12:49:33 EDT 2007

I have just received a clarification of a statement I made in today's Real
Estate 101.  And I think it is important that you receive this note from a
member of Gotham and a lawyer.

    A co-op purchase is the purchase of stock in a corporation which owns
real estate.  The corporation then leases to the stock holder an apartment whcih
is "appurtenant" to his ownership interest as a shareholder.  So, the stock
certificate evidences ownership and the lease conveys a right of possession.

Thank you, Tom Kass.

Janet Adler Realty, Ltd

1 212 427 3809
1 917 834 2246