[Fredslist] Friends and Family Gather at The Friars Club to Remember "The Judge"

ed at bienstockprivatejeweller.com ed at bienstockprivatejeweller.com
Wed Nov 21 17:51:58 EST 2007

Fellow Gothamites,

Like Michael Millis, I too was unavoidably late arriving at the remembrance for the Judge & missed the wonderful speeches given by all. Thank you Jack Halpern for the incredible synopsis.
Given the chance to speak, this would've been my speech:

At each & every Gotham meeting, Judge Goldfluss never failed to sing the praises of his wife Laura, his daughters, Lisa & Ellen, his grandson David & their significant others.
Judge Howard's face would light up as he recounted each and every one of his family members formidable accomplishments, amazingly enough, one more impressive than the next!
In Judge Howard's signature self-deprecating M.O., a soul unaware of his significant accomplishments, would think that Judge Howard had hardly achieved anything at all. Judge Howard Goldfluss was after all, a fantastic jokester & a true bon vivant!
Early on, I was fortunate enough through the Judge's good graces & a heart felt recommendation - to establish a  close relationship with Laura his wife. The Judge would always exclaim "She's you're new best friend!".
At that same time early on, the Judge would refer to me as "David", I would reply in return: "Judge, you can call me whatever you like!"
At that early juncture, I had no idea who "David" (his grandson) was, & what a warm & generous compliment I was receiving in code from the Judge.
My first encounter w/ David was to hear him eulogize his grandfather at Judge Howard Goldfluss' funeral service.
At that point in time it all hit home! (Judge Howard had that type of mind, such that the full intent & impact of his remarks would not register until sometime later.)
I suddenly connected the dots, realizing who my namesake "David" was, & hearing David speak - what a quality individual Judge Howard was associating me with.
We all miss you Judge Howard Goldfluss, & this world is a MUCH better place for all the good you've done, & the cheer you've spread!!!