[Fredslist] Computer advice - Apple pits.

Advertisingmuse at aol.com Advertisingmuse at aol.com
Mon Nov 19 03:37:05 EST 2007

Hi Gothamites,
I could use some help.
My Apple powerbook had a hard drive failure. All the information is lost.

HERE'S THE HISTORY:
I called Apple Tech Support as soon as my computer started acting strange.
After some phone conversation, they told me to bring my computer in to the Apple
Store and made me an appt for 2 days later - in the meantime, they said to
keep using the computer.
Two days later at the Apple store, they examined and talked to me for around
45 minutes to an hour and finally said - oops, your hard drive just died. They
recommended I take it to Tekserve (an Apple fixer) for retrieval of info and
fixing.

NOW:
Tekserve is charging me $600 for retrieval (if they can retrieve it) and then
more for a new hard drive.
I have now been told that Apple should have taken all the information off the
hard drive before it failed - they did not handle it well.

What should my next step be in holding Apple responsible and accountable for
something?

Any help is appreciated.

Geraldine Newman

Geraldine Newman Communications / NEWTHYNK
315 East Seventy-Second Street
New York, New York 10021
212.988.3395