[Fredslist] Search engine optimization

Rick Raymond raycoach at rcn.com
Fri May 4 17:10:58 EDT 2007

Search engine optimization

I need a primer, or 2nd opinion on search engine optimization and
search engine optimization companies, or actually a third opinion.

I was called by a SEO company who had a special offer.  Analyze my
source code; and tell me the right words to get me up higher in goggle.

I called the person who built my website who stated that I should be
careful, that promises and actuality are different things, that it is
possible to cause more damage than good in my goggle rating, that you
get what you pay for, that a good SEO company is expensive, and the
fee quoted was so low that I would probably be throwing my money away.

So I thought ask Gotham.  Can someone help me become an educated
consumer here?

Rick Raymond

Richard Raymond Associates, Inc.
Strategic Performance and Entrepreneurial Development
New York, NY • 212-777-0083
www.executiveleadershiptraining.info