[Fredslist] Growth Hormones and the Oxford Health Plan

Paul Ribaudo PRibaudo at berdonllp.com
Thu May 3 11:53:22 EDT 2007

My 8 year old son has been diagnosed with ISS (Idiopathic Short
Stature).  His doctor recommends growth hormone therapy.  Oxford Health,
my health insurance company has denied coverage for this very expensive
therapy.

Does anyone have experience with appealing Oxford's denial for coverage
as it relates to growth hormone therapy?

Any information or assistance would be DEEPLY appreciated.

Paul Ribaudo CPA, CFE
Principal, Litigation and Business Valuation Group
Berdon LLP
360 Madison Avenue
New York, NY 10017
Ph: 212.331.7447
Fax: 212.371.1159
pribaudo at BERDONLLP.com
www.BERDONLLP.com

IMPORTANT CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail, and any attachments
thereto, is intended only for use by the addressee(s) named herein and
may contain information that is legally privileged, confidential or
recipient of this e-mail, you are hereby notified that any
dissemination, distribution or copying of this e-mail, and any
attachments thereto, is strictly prohibited. If you have received this
e-mail in error, please notify me by replying to this message and
permanently delete the original and any copy of this e-mail and any
printout thereof.
For additional information about Berdon LLP please see our website at
http://www.BERDONLLP.com <http://www.berdonllp.com/>

TO THE EXTENT THAT THIS MESSAGE CONTAINS ADVICE REGARDING FEDERAL TAX  MATTERS, IT IS NOT INTENDED OR WRITTEN BY US TO BE USED, AND CANNOT  BE USED, FOR THE PURPOSE OF AVOIDING FEDERAL TAX PENALTIES THAT MAY BE IMPOSED ON A TAXPAYER.  (THE FOREGOING LEGEND HAS BEEN AFFIXED PURSUANT TO U.S. TREASURY REGULATIONS GOVERNING TAX PRACTICE.)