[Fredslist] need kitchen/bathroom designer

Meryl Shapiro merylshapiro at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 20 13:35:57 EDT 2007

Hi Friends,

  I am new to the world of coop renovation and would like the name of a good kitchen/bathroom designer who does work in Manhattan.

  A second question:  one designer I consulted has submitted a contract to me where he disclaims responsibility for supervising installation of the cabinets, appliances, etc., and also wants to charge me 20% of all purchases even though I plan to make all purchases myself.  Is there anyone who has entered into one of these contracts who can educate me a little on what is customary, what to watch out for, and what I should request in order to protect myself?

  As always, many thanks for your help.

  Meryl Shapiro
  merylshapiro at yahoo.com
  212.213.9252