[Fredslist] ANNOUNCEMENT: March 20, 2007, 6:00PM, NYU Conference

Everest lmwallaeverest at nyc.rr.com
Wed Mar 14 16:22:38 EDT 2007

Dear Gothamites,

Please find attached an invitation/announcement flyer for the NYU panel
discussion, "Increased Mortality Rates, Years of Potential Life Lost and
Causes of Death Among Public Mental Health Clients," being hosted by my BOD,
The American Association for Psychosocial Rehabilitation.

The keynote speakers, Drs. Ron Manderscheid, and Lloyd Sederer, are quite
significant movers and shakers in the field of mental health and rarely, if
ever, are on the same panel.  Although, within the past month, he lost out
to an equally eminent qualified personage, Mike Hogan, as the new NYS
Commissioner of Mental Health, Dr. Sederer remains a towering force in the
mental health field.

This conference is being co-sponsored by the UN NGO Committe of Mental
Health, NYU Department of Psychiatry, NAMI, DOHMH, American Psychological
Association, International Council of Psychologists, International
Association of Applied Psychology, International Association of Schools of
Social Work, and others TBA.

It would be wonderful if you'd circulate this to whomever you deem might be
interested in attending, as in addition to being a great event to mix and
mingle, it promises to be an informative, lively panel, offering the
attendees an opportunity to ask the hard questions.

I will be there very visible welcoming attendees, so be sure to ask those
Gothamites and Guests whom I don't already know to introduce themselves.
Hope that your plans allow you to attend.

See you there.

Thanx.
Regards,
Lorraine