[Fredslist] Gotham Networking/Baruch College Mentoring Program

michaelappell at aol.com michaelappell at aol.com
Thu Jun 14 22:40:57 EDT 2007

Dear Gotham:

?

This is the first of a series of messages calling for your
participation.

?

On May 18th, Fred Klein, Ben Geizhals, Melvin Lazar and myself met with
Baruch College President Kathleen Waldron and Dean Ben Corpus to plant seeds for
the establishment of the Gotham Networking/Baruch College Mentoring
Program.

?

I am very excited about this opportunity for Gotham to touch the lives of
virtually hundreds of students as they launch their careers.? We are
counting on Gotham and particularly our graduates of CCNY, Baruch, CUNY, Queens
and Brooklyn Colleges to carry the torch.? This will provide a tremendous
opportunity to "give back."

Both President Waldron and Dean Corpus will be guests our Formica 1 luncheon on September 12th.

?

Most of these students are the first in their families to attend college
and we can have a positive impact.

Following is a page from the Baruch College web site:

?

Michael Appell

127 East 59th Street, 3rd floor

New York, NY
10022

212-427-6886

Fax 212-644-4968

?

President Kathleen
Waldron

Baruch College

The City University of New
York

?

Welcome to the web site of the President's
Office here at Baruch College. This College is part of a tradition that dates
back more than 150 years, to 1847 and the founding of the Free Academy, the
first institution of free public higher education in the United States. Baruch
today is a thriving, urban, multicultural institution and a premier senior
college in the CUNY system, attracting motivated students whose achievements,
ability, and drive, along with the College's foundation in liberal arts and
strong focus on management and public affairs, together sustain the College's
national and international reputation for excellence.

With that historic mission in mind,
it is my goal as president of Baruch to make certain that the institution
continues to provide the opportunity for this generation and future generations
of students from every corner of New York City and from all around the world to
achieve a superb education and, like the 90,000 Baruch alumni who precede them,
make their dreams a vibrant reality.

President's
Office

Newman Vertical Campus 4-230