[Fredslist] Santa Monica Attorney needed

Jane Bernardini Jane.Bernardini at anchin.com
Sat Jun 2 16:53:08 EDT 2007

I need some Gotham magic.

My son has a summer internship in Santa Monca and has rented a room in
someone's condo for 12 weeks.  My son said the guy is weird and has felt
ill at ease living there.  Friday while my son was at work, the man came
into his room and found a jar of peanut butter in my son's closet.  He
smeared the peanut butter all over my son's clothes.
My husband and I insisted that our son move out immediately. My son told
his landlord that he was thinking of leaving and the landlord said
"Okay, but I can't give you any money back because you broke the lease.
My son had given him $700 for one month's rent, $300 security deposit
and another $220 when he arrived.
I think this guy pulls this repeatedly and makes money by scamming young
men who need a place to stay, He said he kicked out the previous kid
because he was sloppy.
As soon as my son leaves I would like to call the landlord and get back
all the money except for $350.  I will at least need the name of an
attorney that I can call for back-up.
Can anyone give me suggestions on how to  best deal with this.

Thank you
Jane Bernardini
jane.bernardini at anchin.com

This email is intended only for the use of the individual or
entity to which it is addressed and may contain information
that is privileged,  confidential and exempt from disclosure
under applicable law. If the reader of this e-mail message is
not the intended recipient, or the employee or agent responsible
for delivery of the message to the intended recipient, you are
communication is prohibited. If you have received this e-mail
in error, please notify us immediately by telephone at (212) 840-3456
and also indicate the sender's name.

Thank You
U.S. Treasury Circular 230 Disclosure: If any tax advice is contained in this communication or attachments, it is not intended or written to be used, and cannot be used, for the purpose of avoiding tax related penalties under federal, state, or local law.