[Fredslist] Use of resumes

Ester Horowitz m2powerinc at bigplanet.com
Fri Jul 20 08:38:37 EDT 2007

Dear Gotham,

I love that we help friends, colleagues, business associates and each other.  That is what makes us incredibly special.  I cringe however when I see resumes attached or offered as an email because I wonder if that much information could be construed as a violation of privacy in some manner.  Would it be better if we extoled the virtues of the person we know and gave a summary of their background and skills instead?  Any interested party would naturally ask for a resume as a logical next step and it allows the job applicant the right to decide who gets that much information.  Don't you think?

Warmest Regards
Ester Horowitz
www.m2powerinc.com
www.small2smart.com
516 409-0849  Phone
888 609-6828  Fax

"Some men see things as they are and say why?
I see things that never were and say why not?"
-George Bernard Shaw-

Member of MGMA, HFMA, & Gotham Networking
Certified Management Counselor for Maestro Business Academy