[Fredslist] list of bars/restauarnts midtown east side

Adrian Miller amiller at adrianmiller.com
Fri Jul 6 17:33:14 EDT 2007

Hi folks:

Here are the responses I received for my query:  nice bars/
restaurants in midtown east side for mid-day hanging out. And, as may
people noted, there are scads more as well.

Happy drinking:)

Morrell’s Wine Bar near Rockefeller Center.

Peninsula Hotel on the roof, or the St. Regis, both on 55th St. east
and west off 5th respectfully.

Luna Piena’s on East 53rd Street bt. Second and Third Avenues.
There’s a nice bar and
a back porch/veranda with tables and umbrellas.  It’s intimate and
quality Italilian (food and hors d’oevres).

Lovely upscale Greek restaurant called Avra on E. 47th Bt. 2nd and
Third with lots of outdoors space.

Fresco by Scotto on 52st between Madison and Fifth has a neat little
bar area in the front of the restaurant.

Bemelman's  Bar at the Carlyle Hotel,next door to the Whitney Museum
and the bar at the Stanhope Hotel across from the Metropolitan Museum
of Art.

Brasierre - 53rd btwn lex and park
Monkey Bar - E 54th btwn 5th & Madison
Sutton Place bar & Restaurant - 2nd btwn 53rd & 54th (great rooftop
terrace)
Bookmarks (Rooftop Lounge at the Library Hotel) - 299 Madison Avenue
at 41st Street

Also the bar at the four seasons hotel is lovely @ 57 E. 57th b
Ava Lounge at top of Dream Hotel on W. 55th is also fabulous

The lobby area or bar at the Four Seasons on 57th

The rooftop of the Hudson Hotel onW58 St near Columbus Circle and the
rooftop of the Shelburne Hotel Madison and E38 st.

Outside,
Bryant Park Grill.  You can go upstairs on the roof on 41st Street
side, or more in the park on the 42nd Street side.  The Peninsula, a
roof top that can get extremely crowded after work. There are two
sides to the roof deck.  Scenes are at Bice, Rothmann's Steak.  Great
margaritas at Rosa Mexicano's.

Funky could be more the newly reopened Monkey Bar, the Lever House
restaurant, Brasserie, Le Colonial or Tao to name a few.  To be seen
would be 57/57 at the Four Seasons on 57th Street.  Dos Cominos
opened on 5oth & 3rd with a great outdoor space as well.  Also in the
"cheaper" category,  (and cheerful) could be Houston's 54th and 3rd.
Merchant's on 1st.

PJ Clarkes Northeast corner 55th/3rd

Northeast corner of 50th/3rd is Dos Caminos

Northwest corner of 45/lex is Django

The Waldorf and the Intercontinental (Park and 48th – 50th) both have
bars;
·        Dos Caminos on 3rd and 50th has both indoor and outdoor
seating;
·        there is  W hotel on 49th and lex with a nice bar (two bars,
actually);
·        further east on 49th and first, they can have drinks at the
top of the Beekman Hotel (drinks only, food isn’t that good)…BUT it
has a great view.
·        If they want a café atmosphere, Deux Amis is on 51st just
west of 1st ave…they can sit outside and enjoy the day…and a drink
·

  Metro 53, on north side of 53rd St., between 1st and 2nd Aves.
There was a nice bar upstairs.

Have a great weekend.

Adrian

Adrian Miller Sales Training
516-767-9288
516-445-1135 (cell)
www.adrianmiller.com

"What if we train them and they leave? What if we don't train them
and they stay?"