[Fredslist] Blog Preview-A Slice of Life

Fred Klein fklein at kzrd.com
Mon Jan 29 12:30:52 EST 2007

Did you ever write something and get so excited that you couldn't wait:?
Well that's how I feel about my upcoming Friday Blog.  So for those of you
who would like a special preview read on and don't miss the photos below.

Our most recent poll showed  interest in "Slice of Life" blogs so here we
go. Just before Christmas our whole family congregated at the the local
diner for breakfast after Grandson Jackson's hockey game. We had just
gotten comfortable at the table when Julie's father Frank drew our
attention to a congregation of spirited ladies at a nearby table. It wasn't
just that they were spirited, they were costumed in Christmas cheer. They
were all wonderful to look at, but one of them positively glowed and she
wore a wreathed stylish hat. Knowing me, Frank cracked "Fred, that's a
picture you should have" and I instantly vaulted out of my seat, ignoring a
few nay sayers, and approached the glowing, cheerful ladies and asked if I
could take their picture. After a few "why would you want a picture of a
bunch of old ladies" comments I soon had them appropriately grouped and
they were soon posing pros. I saved the best for last,  asking the wreathed
one her name and if I could take a close up. Vera was so charming and
demure and soon I had my shot. That was that and it was such a sweet
holiday slice of life, but being me I couldn't leave it at that. I rushed
to make prints of the photos and left them at the diner with a waitress for
Vera as a small Christmas present. The holidays passed, we went to Key West
and I forgot about it. Well yesterday morning Jackson had hockey again and
we went to the diner and Vera popped into my head. I found the waitress
from last time and asked about Vera. She's fine at the vintage age of 92
and the waitress told me she'd left something for me. Now here's the huge
slice of life-its better to give than receive payoff. I am a huge baseball
fan and Jackson rivals my fandom with his collection of baseball cards. The
waitress brought me an elegant thank you note written on her deceased
husband's New York Yankee business card. He was Frank McCormack. My son
challenged my memory and I told him that he was a National League
Cincinatti Reds firstbaseman in the 1930s. He was skeptical and I rushed
home to my trusty Encyclopedia of Baseball. Of course I was right! How's
that for a nice slice of life! Photos below.

New York, NY 10022
(212) 935-6020
fklein at legal.org
http://www.kzrd.com
http://www.gothamnetworking.com
(See attached file: IMG_4218.JPG)
(See attached file: IMG_4219.JPG)***This email is intended only for the use of the individual(s) named, and may contain confidential and/or legally privileged information.  If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or the taking of any action in reliance on the contents of this email is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this email in error,  lease delete the email and notify the sender if we are sending you  materials in error.

Circular 230 Disclosure Notice. To insure compliance with requirements imposed by the Internal Revenue Service, we inform you that any tax advice that may be contained in this communication (including any attachments) is not intended or  written to be used, and cannot be used, for the purpose of  voiding penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or any state or local tax law to which a  governmental requirement similar to Circular 230 applies.***