[Fredslist] ISO Landlord Tenant Attorney

Zahn, Bari bzahn at torys.com
Tue Jan 23 13:40:57 EST 2007

Hi All,

My friend Lisa Shulman is in need of a land lord tenant attorey to help
settle her eviction proceeding.

She is a  teacher and cannot afford too much in terms of attorney's
fees, but she is hoping the attorney can help  her with a quick
settlement, abatement, or resolution in court.

Please direct all inquiries directly to Lisa at ljshuman at aol.com

Briefly, here's what she told me about her situation:

 " As of now - the deal is - I have answered a petition in court   - and
I didn't want to settle anything with the opposing lawyer regarding rent
in arrears until I got court inspection of the place, called board of
health to do the same.   The conditions in the apartment both public and
my apt. need repairs and are poor - and so I have withheld rent.  This
was the  Answer to the petition and the fact that I'm having financial
difficulty.  We adjourned.

My next court date is February 5th - which is for settlement or a trial
if there is no settlement.  I'm hoping to get an abatement- adjustment
of the arrears - and then begin fresh.  I don't know much about what the
opposing attorney will settle for, etc..

Since the opposing attorney was rather hostile (probably because I did
not have representation), I thought it would probably be best if I find
a landlord/tenant attorney who can come to the next proceeding.  Or
perhaps even whom I can consult with before.  I greatly appreciate any
help you can provide. "

Much Thanks,
Bari

Check out the new AOL
<http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/1615326657x4311227241x4298082137/aol?redi
r=http%3A%2F%2Fwww%2Eaol%2Ecom%2Fnewaol> . Most comprehensive set of
free safety and security tools, free access to millions of high-quality
videos from across the web, free AOL Mail and more.

This email and any attachments are for the sole use of the intended recipients and may be privileged or confidential. Any distribution, printing or other use by anyone else is prohibited. If you are not an intended recipient, please contact the sender immediately, and permanently delete this email and attachments.