[Fredslist] BOOK AGENT NEEDED

Robert Esposito robert at barterluxury.com
Tue Feb 27 16:53:55 EST 2007

Dear Gothamites,

A young talented writer is looking for a Book Agent and of course I thought
of Gotham. So who is going to get the book and movie deal for Ms. Sarah
Amiel?

Thank you ALL. Please contact her directly
Sarahamiel at hotmail.com Ph: 516.225.1643

Robert Esposito

President

Barter Luxury, Inc.
150 West 28th Street
Suite 403
New York, NY 10001
tel. 212-645-9940
fax 212-645-3841
robert at barterluxury.com
www.barterluxury.com

Sarah Janel Amiel

57 5th Avenue Apt. 2B

New York, NY 10003

Sarahamiel at hotmail.com Ph: 516.225.1643

To Whom It May Concern,

I have been working on a coming of age novel, Mini-Muffin Confidential,
based on the true experiences of growing up on the planet Long Island, that
I discovered had been taken captive by a species I named mini-muffins whom
had taken the entire island captive long before I arrived. What is a
mini-muffin you might ask? I guarantee you know one or a dozen.

She weighs a whopping 90 pounds (at barely 5’2); her tiny waif-like frame is
topped by jet-black pin-straight hair (which is naturally curly) that’s been
blown, flat-ironed, shined, and glossed and by daylight, she shops. Her mall
attire: a pair of cashmere Juicy Couture jumpsuits (she has 7 pairs—one for
each day of the week), a diamond encrusted Michelle watch—pink on odd days,
blue on even— the latest cell phone (that’s also a mini digital camera), and
an exclusive designer handbag (slung onto her elbow, of course). Her crew is
identical all cloning one another (it’s tough to tell mini-muffins apart)
because each drives a black Mercedes SUV and “tawks” with an identical,
totally unbearable whiny accent with every word uttered from her Lancôme
Juicy-Tubed lubed lips. When she eats, it’s at the Kosher Bagel Eatery, but
she doesn’t order a muffin (or actually, she may, but only if it’s sugar and
fat-free and taste-free). Instead, the usual: one scooped out whole-wheat
bagel with a dollop of light tuna on the side. And she never finishes.

 Being raised in a tiny suburb on the south shore town of the
mini-muffin-infested Merrick (a town that gave us the likes of the infamous
Amy Fisher, the slightly more forgivable Debbie Gibson, and, most recently,
one Lindsay Lohan) was hard enough, let alone coping with a dysfunctional
family. My narrative is one girl's interesting look into the tumultuous
relationship that she has with her hometown and its neighboring areas, her
immediate surroundings comprised of a family where mass hysteria reigned,
and how it has lead to some dangerous (yet fascinating) behaviors. It’s the
story of a girl who is defeated by the mini-muffins over and over again, but
in the end realizes it wasn’t anything she really ever wanted to be
associated with to begin with
or did she?

As Doug Ellin, Executive Producer/Creator of the HBO series Entourage (who
is also a former Merrick native) took it upon himself to use his Long Island
roots to inspire a wildly successful TV show; I will also be using my story
to bring to life the vivid tales of the oft-imitated but never replicated
culture of the Island. With today’s celebrity media blitz and a pop culture
obsessed with how the Island knows best, (a recipe for pseudo-celebrity with
just a splash of glitz and a pinch of artificial sweetness) I have no doubt
that the readers of books such as the Perks of Being A Wallflower to The
Starter Wife to The Devil Wears Prada will be picking up Mini Muffin
Confidential.

The cult of the mini-muffins is no longer limited to certain geographical
restraints; it is a culture that co-exists in other affluent growing
communities across the United States and the species has even permeated
across the seas to Europe and beyond (after all, the Hampton’s is the
closest U.S. soil to Europe). Lizzy Ratner of The New York Observer recently
reported on this growing culture in the article titled Welcome to Murray
Hell! Ratner’s piece detailed the almost-identical types of behavior
illustrated in Mini-Muffin Confidential. Even Jennifer Weiner, author of
Good in Bed and In Her Shoes (among others) is set to write the Bat Mitzvah
Diaries, a story of over-the-top Bat Mitzvah’s after attending such one
herself.

I am seeking representation with your agency for my novel, Mini-Muffin
Confidential.   I would love to form a partnership, one that will take this
and future projects as far they can go.  Your consideration and time are
most appreciated, and I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Sincerely.

Sarah Janel Amiel