[Fredslist] Massachusetts connection

caseelig caseelig at sprintmail.com
Fri Feb 23 11:14:57 EST 2007

Hi:  We are looking for a companion for my mother.  She isn't sick but her
short term memory is slipping.  She doesn't need help bathing or any other
personal care.  Rather she needs to be around to remind my mother to take
her pills, bring her to different activities at the retirement community my
mother lives in, and provide company - play cards, dominoes, etc.

We don't want to go through an agency because I believe we will get a higher
quality person.  It will be a competitive salary, a W-2 position with paid
vacation but no health insurance - one employee does not a group make.

My mother has a car so the companion just has to be able to get to Brooksby
where my mother lives (Peabody MA, near intersection of (95N and Rte 114)
which locals will know.  Person needs to be mature but not effusive or too
chatty.  My mother is very smart and watches the news regularly.

Any suggestions about where I might look for such a person will be
appreciated.   Thanks for your help.

Best regards, Carol

Carol A. Seelig
8 Moseman Road
Yorktown Heights, NY 10598

office:  212-206-0736
home:  914-245-4503
cell:     917-596-7755
fax:       914-962-0409
caseelig at sprintmail.com

This message may contain confidential or privileged information. If you are
not the intended recipient, please advise the sender immediately by reply
e-mail and delete this message and any attachments without retaining a copy.