[Fredslist] Immigration Law Q

IrisWolinsky at aol.com IrisWolinsky at aol.com
Wed Feb 21 18:05:12 EST 2007

Hi Immigration lawyers (we have some, don't we?),

    A client has a 7 yr old misdemeanor arrest in CA, the  status of which is
dismissed per deferred entry of judgment, which means  dismissed as a result
of his participation in a rehab program. It stays in their  court records for
100 years.  He also paid a fine.  He has had a  green card since 1995 with
permanent resident status.  Will this  affect his application for citizenship,
and if so, how?  (He has lived  in NY for the last 3-4 years).

   Thanks for any info you can provide!

Iris

Iris Wolinsky
Attorney Arbitrator Mediator